Spirits-Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Home Help Search Members Login Register
Spirits-Board « Manipulation through language. »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Manipulation through language. (Read 177 times)
brahbata
YaBB Administrator

Seeing is believing. I
shape.

In Space and Time.

http://brahbata.space
Manipulation through language.
Feb 23rd, 2021 at 5:35am

Manipulation through language.

H
ello Smiley

according to a recent study result from today, 30% of German teenagers (survey of 30,000 ninth graders) are averse to hostile towards foreigners.

One of the most important books I got as a child from my father's bookcase was "How to lie with statistics". The core thesis of this book was: Don't trust any statistics that you haven't falsified yourself Wink.

Prof. Schwarze from Göttingen was later one of my (written) teachers at the university. He explained vividly that one could establish a statistical connection (correlation) between the population of white storks in Lower Saxony and the birth rate of small children. As the population of white storks increased (period about 10 years), the births in Lower Saxony also increased. He brought this example in his books Statistics I + II for Economists to point out the problem of unsophisticated statistical surveys.

Now.

If one considers the above statement that 30% of the German youth in the ninth grade are simply xenophobic, the question (and complaint) arises in me, why this today day in and day out is broadcast on the radio, on TV and every popular gazette takes this survey as a topic.

How would it be with the - numerically correct, but linguistically diametrically differently formulated - counter-statement?

70% of German young people in the ninth grade have a neutral to positive attitude towards foreigners in Germany.

Same numbers, different words. And thus a completely different sensation in the reader/listener.

I would like to call on all of us to walk through the world with a critical eye and to be mindful of possible attempts by others to manipulate us. Personally, I use long stretches of my everyday life to lie comfortably on my bed and review in my mind what impulses, thoughts and feelings I have encountered during the day. Admittedly: Not everyone has the time for this. But if you do this kind of (self-)reflection, it might be easier to separate the wheat from the chaff.

So let's stay true to ourselves - and stay attentive Smiley

Kind regards,

brah

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience - we are spiritual beings having a human experience.
So, I've decided to take my work back on the ground, to stop you falling into the wrong hands.
Life is a videogame. Reality is a playground. It's all about experience and self-expression.
ZEN is: JOYFULLY walking on a never-ending path that doesn't exist.
They tried to bury us. What they didn't know - we were seeds.
Ideally, we get humble when we travel the Cosmos.
After school is over, you are playing in the park.
Although, life is limited - Creation is limitless.

Fuck you Orion, Zetas and your evil allies.

Seeing is believing. I do. *I shape*.
'EARTH' without 'ART' is just 'EH'.
Best viewed with *eyes closed*.
Space. It's The final Frontier.
Real eyes realize real lies.
Creator and Creation.
We are ONE.
I AM.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Spirits-Board » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.